Translate

Friday, August 9, 2013

And number 8 :-)...

Showed the Dove Evolution video to my daughter, and even in tweendom, it got a reaction. 
The photoshopping part was what took me most by surprise...

I met a middle science school teacher recently  who said she didn't have the time or inclination to look at youtube, and I wanted to tell her how cool it really, really, really  is.  When I revise the lesson plan that Shannon, Navreet and I worked on, I want to more specifically mention how bike riders should assume that drivers do not see them.  Shannon covered this, but it wasn't explicit in the lesson.  At any rate, I though I might use the basketball bouncing video from youtube to introduce the idea:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfA3ivLK_tE   (and as I looked up the link, I notice it was created specifically for bicycle awareness -- there you go...)

I loved the various bags of tricks we saw in class - like the "stand on the line" and bag of sex ed words today, and the jump rope rhymes from last week.  I'm still figuring out a way that will work for me keep track of them long-term.  Maybe evernote...





1 comment: