Translate

Friday, August 2, 2013

my 1st microteaching...

Cohort18 rocks!  Shannon and I presented the bike lesson we worked on with Navreet today to a fantastically supportive 6th grade class.  I believe my hand shaking while speaking to the class has greatly minimized in the last month, though I see from the first minutes of the video of the lesson that I also make some mighty big, emphatic hand gestures. 

I know that at home I tend to lecture ... I tell my daughter lots of things when it would probably be better for us to discuss.  Shannon & Navreet let me have the more conversational part of the lesson, and I wanted to work at having the class discuss, rather than me lecture.  I was also determined to venture into the center aisle of the room while talking.  I've watched some people come to the very 1st class comfortable doing that, and others start to do it, but I hadn't yet ventured there.  I did a bit of both, and the world kept on turning, so maybe I can do them both again :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment